StampPDF Batch 6.0 is Now Shipping
Please check out the New Features tab
Does your organization need to stamp a high volume of documents through unattended or on-demand environments? StampPDF® Batch lets you add customized text, images, watermarks and more to documents as they are submitted, as they are requested, or in batch mode.
StampPDF Batch is used across many industries, including: Manufacturing and Aerospace as part of their ISO 9000 compliance process; by publishers for pre-publication review; by law firms to add Bates numbering, by Government agencies and Courts to certify electronic submission date and time; as part of a Social DRM process; or by any organization that needs to dynamically personalize documents.
StampPDF® Batch is a powerful server-based application engineered for high volume, unattended and missions-critical on-demand environments.
Stamping & Watermarking with StampPDF Batch
- Apply copyright notices, disclaimers or other text in your choice of font, point size and color
- Place multi-line stamps, specify lines, line-breaks, precise location and rotate text stamps to any angle
- Stamp JPEG, TIFF or PDF files; resize, scale and position them precisely
- Specify transparency level for stamped text or images
- Automatic placement based on page size
- Automatic placement based on page diagonals; for example, top-left to bottom-right
- Remove stamps that are no longer needed as documents move through the workflow
- Autoscale Text Size to fit to the page size, by percentage of the page size
Stamp Variables, Pagination, Bates
- Use over 30 built-in stamping variables, including file and path name, document information, page, Bates numbers, and date and time in a variety of formats
- Apply consecutive Bates numbering across multiple files
- Recto-verso placement of text or images
- Stamp invisible text on documents (invisible text can be indexed by search engines)
- Automatic placement of start, stop and check characters in Code 128 barcodes (Code 128 character set B is included)
- Dynamic stamp file variable substitution from the command line *New in version 6
Advanced Typographical Features
- Supports Unicode
- Supports TrueType and OpenType fonts
- Supports Chinese, Japanese and Korean (CJK) fonts
- Manage character spacing, word spacing and line leading
- Directly supports three PDF color spaces: RGB, CMYK and Grayscale
- Support for maintaining fixed length Arabic text *New in version 6
Output File Features
- Full output customization via plain-text parameter files.
- Set file display and navigation modes and zoom levels the user sees when the document opens.
- Includes new document information, including title, subject, keywords, date or other metadata, in PDF document Information fields and in XML via the eXtensible Metadata Platform (XMP).
- Apply 40-bit or 128-bit file encryption to your stamped documents using owner and user passwords to control access and ability to modify the document. (For 256 bit AES security, see APCrypt).
- Linearize PDF files for network and web-server deployment via Fast Web View.
- Optimize output files to reduce file size.
- Maintain the same PDF version number as the input file *New in version 6
StampPDF Batch 6.0 contains several completely new and powerful features that make using StampPDF Batch even easier
Dynamic Variable Substitution
StampPDF Batch has always been able to stamp variable data like dates, times, Bates numbers and file paths. Now we have extended this capability allowing you to dynamically change the text being stamped as an input parameter to the call to StampPDF Batch. For example, Names, Account Numbers, Purchase Order Numbers, or entire lines of text. This means you no longer need to make changes to the stamp file to update custom text to be stamped by StampPDF Batch.
Now, easily add StampPDF Batch to your workflow with little, or no programming required. StampPDF Batch now directly supports Watched Folders, also called Drop Folders or Watched Directories. This allows the end user to simply copy the PDF file to be stamped into the Watched Folder. The newly stamped output file will then appear in the output directory.
Maintain the same PDF version number as the input file
If the original input PDF file version is PDF 1.4 or later, the original version number is used for the output PDF file instead of updating the PDF file version number to PDF 1.7.
Support for maintaining fixed length Arabic text
The output Arabic text will have the same length as the input text. This option is related to “Arabic shaping”, which inserts extra Unicode characters to improve the appearance of the text. If more room is necessary, then the application will try to consume spaces next to modified characters.
Autoscale Text to Page
Automatically scale your stamp to fit on the page without having to set any other options. The value for AutoScale specifies the font size as a percentage of the larger dimension of the page size (example: if your document is 8 1/2 x 11, with AutoScale set to (10), the stamp would be set at 10% of 11 inches. By using the AutoScale parameter in your stamp items, you will be able to apply the same stamp across multiple files regardless of their page size.
Easy Integration with StampPDF Batch
- No limit on concurrent users or connections
- No limit on the number of documents processed
- No limit on threads — run as many instances as you want
- Operates on watched folders or from the command-line *New in version 6
- Supports PDF 1.0 and higher
- Call from any programming or scripting language including (but not limited to) Perl, PHP, Java, C++, ASP & .Net, Visual Basic, Cold Fusion and Lotus Notes
- Includes a free PHP class for StampPDF Batch
- May be integrated with other Appligent Document Solutions server products or other components as part of a complete PDF workflow solution
Supported Operating Systems
XP (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 through Windows Server 2012 (32 or 64 bit)
Linux (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.)
Kernel 2.4, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6 64 bit
5.2 & above on Power
Oracle (Sun) Solaris
10 and above on SPARC
11i v2 & above on Itanium & PA-RISC
Apple Mac OS X
10.5 & above on Intel x86
PHP developers may prefer the free PHP class for StampPDF Batch. Every option in StampPDF Batch is represented in the PHP class by a Method, so the full range of controls, from stamp parameters to security options and more, is readily available for implementation in PHP scripts.
Dynamically generate stamp files from Perl, Java, PHP, VBScript, or any shell script. StampPDF Batch can also be scripted for multistage processing or deployed with our other products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution.
How to Buy StampPDF Batch
StampPDF Batch starts at $1,995.00 (USD) for a single server with up to 4 cores. Contact us for more information.
Download from the Appligent Web StoreFree Trial… Buy StampPDF Batch…
StampPDF Batch Variable Substitution Example
Here is a simple example of using StampPDF Batch to stamp a customer name on the bottom left corner of each page; and, stamp an account number on the top right corner of each page.
# Options Begin_Options Version (2) TopMargin (0) BottomMargin (0) LeftMargin (0) RightMargin (0) End_Options # — Stamp Item 1 Begin_Message Name (Customer Name Item) Type (Text) PageIncrement (1) StartPage (1) EndPage (-1) Font (MyriadPro-Regular) Text (Customer: %First_Name% %Last_Name% ) Position (bottom) Justification (left) Underlay (no) End_Message # — Stamp Item 2 Begin_Message Name (Customer Account Number Item) Type (Text) PageIncrement (1) StartPage (1) EndPage (-1) Font (OCRA) Text (Account# %Account_Number%) Position (top) Justification (right) Underlay (no) End_Message
The -vars parameter allow you to replace variables found within the stamp file, and thus substitute the text that it stamps based on parameters passed to StampPDF Batch.
stamppdfapp.exe -o JaneDoe.pdf -vars "First_Name,Jane,Last_Name,Doe,Account_Number,B12345678" StampFile.txt InputFile.pdf
If the text of an item contained in the stamp file contains one or more pairs of percent signs, the text between each pair of percent signs is the name of a variable to be replaced. In this case we are replacing the following three variables found in the stamp file:
First_Name Jane Last_Name Doe Account_Number B12345678
StampPDF Batch can then be called repeatedly with different substitution values for the given variables.