If you have a large volume of PDF files that need to be redacted to remove sensitive or private information, Redax Enterprise Server can make the process easier and more accurate.
Redax Enterprise Server can be used as part of your redaction workflow process. Using watched folders, documents can be preprocessed on the server to find list of key words and phrases. Preset patterns and regular expressions can be used to locate information such as Social Security Numbers, Account numbers, URLs, e-mail addresses and more. The marked documents can be reviewed before committing to the final redaction.
The software may be integrated into any PDF document workflow, with or without our Redax plugin for Adobe® Acrobat® (standard or professional).
Automated Markup Features of Redax Enterprise Server
- Enhanced markup of words and phrases with the Adobe PDF Library-powered WordFinder
- Advanced patterns for marking social security numbers (SSN), zip codes, international postal codes, US and international phone numbers, credit-cards, dates, URLs, email addresses and more
- Regular Expressions support allowing you to define your own custom pattern searches
- Mark for redaction using Redax boxes, bracketed text, Acrobat highlighting, underlining, strikethroughs or via plain-text parameters files
- Full-page and multi-page redaction, including optional page consolidation
- Redact similarly formatted documents by applying templates to specific areas of the page
- Use standard government exemption codes or create your own
Redaction Processing Features
- Enhanced Redaction Engine
- Automated processing of manual or automatically-generated markup
- Automatically protects the original document
- Appearance of redacted areas is fully customizable
- Optionally places exemption codes at the bottom of the page
- Automatic removal of document metadata
- Optional removal of document annotations
- Create different redacted documents from the same marked-up document based on categories
- Generate text reports for use in a spreadsheet or other software
Redax Enterprise Server Regular Expressions conform to Unicode Technical Standard #18 , Unicode Regular Expressions, level 1, and in addition include Default Word boundaries and Name Properties from level 2.
Integration Features of Redax Enterprise Server
- Includes RedaxESconfig, an administrative utility for standardizing redaction operations in both client-server and server-only implementations
- Export and import redaction markup with RESxml for analysis and integration with document management and Natural Language Processing (NLP) systems
- May be integrated into new or existing workflows using the Redax plug-in for Adobe Acrobat for a complete client-server redaction solution
- May be utilized within appending, stamping or other electronic document workflows using other Appligent server products.
- Call from any programming or scripting language including (but not limited to) Perl, PHP, Java, C++, ASP & .NET, Visual Basic, Cold Fusion and Lotus Notes
- Supports PDF 1.0 and above for maximum backwards compatibility
- Licensed per server. Base pricing is for up to 4 cores per server.
- No limit on concurrent users or connections
- No limit on the number of documents processed
- No limit on threads – run as many instances as you want on the same server.
The simplest way to run Redax Enterprise Server is through the watched folders functionality.
The RedaxESconfig application creates an XML parameter file used by Redax Enterprise Server to configure properties for the watched folders. These folders can be mapped network drives; providing “drag and drop” simplicity for any user.
Integrators may choose to dynamically generate XML parameter files from Perl, Java, PHP, VBScript, or any shell script, or operate Redax Enterprise Server via scripts for multistage or multicore processing.
See the documentation for complete information.
Windows XP (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 through Windows Server 2012 (32 or 64 bit)
Linux (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.)
Kernel 2.4, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6 64 bit
5.2 & above on Power
Oracle (Sun) Solaris
10 and above on SPARC
11i v2 & above on Itanium & PA-RISC
Apple Mac OS X
10.5 & above on Intel x86
How to Buy Redax Enterprise Server
Contact us for more information and pricing.