Delivering just the sections of PDF documents requested by a customers online is a time consuming process. Instead, go automated with APSplit to reliably and rapidly split PDF documents in whatever way you need, including dividing files at bookmarks.
This server-based solution is designed for mission-critical on-demand and high-volume document processing implementations and is especially suited for organizations and businesses that use online forms to manage requests. With a wide range of features, APSplit is engineered for entirely unattended operation.
(If you need APSplit on the desktop, APSplit DE contains the same enterprise-class PDF splitting engine that powers APSplit and doesn’t require Adobe Acrobat.)
- Retain annotations from the original PDF document in the extracted output files
- Include bookmarks from the original file
- Optimize output PDFs for faster access and viewing when downloaded from the Web or a network
- Individual pages. Each page in the original document becomes a new document
- Odd pages. All of the odd pages in the original document are split into a new document
- Even pages. All of the even pages in the original document are split into a new document
- Page ranges. A single page range, consecutive page ranges of the same length, or multiple page ranges of any size and from any location in the original document are extracted to one or more documents
- First-level bookmarks. Each first-level bookmark section in the original document becomes a new document
- File size. The original document is split into one or more new documents based on a user-specified maximum output file size or page count
APSplit can be used to easily extract the first few pages from all PDF files in a directory.
- No limit on concurrent users or connections
- No limit on the number of documents processed
- No limit on threads – run as many instances as you want
- Supports PDF 1.2 and above
- Call from any programming or scripting language including (but not limited to) Perl, PHP, Java, C++, ASP & .Net, Visual Basic, Cold Fusion and Lotus Notes
- May be integrated with other Appligent Document Solutions server products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution
Supported Operating Systems
XP (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 through Windows Server 2012 (32 or 64 bit)
Linux (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.)
Kernel 2.4, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6 64 bit
5.2 & above on Power
Oracle (Sun) Solaris
10 and above on SPARC
11i v2 & above on Itanium & PA-RISC
Apple Mac OS X
10.5 & above on Intel x86
The simplest way to run APSplit is from the command line. Option flags are available to tailor the output
APSplit can be scripted for multistage processing and used with our other products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution.
See the User Guide for complete documentation.