Appligent has released AppendPDF Pro 5.5. Designed for on-demand and high-volume publishing, document personalization, document merging and report-assembly implementations utilizing PDF files, AppendPDF Pro lets you customize your process and is engineered for entirely unattended operation. New Features Include: Additional font support – Open Type and True Type fonts are now supported for stamping Support for […]
Generating a high volume of PDF-based reports and documentation quickly gets an automated solution with AppendPDF Pro—and you can automatically add cover pages, tables of contents, page numbers, disclaimers and personalized content.
Designed for on-demand and high-volume publishing, document personalization, document merging and report-assembly implementations utilizing PDF files, AppendPDF Pro lets you customize your process and is engineered for entirely unattended operation.
Industries that have used AppendPDF Pro to speed up and automate their processes include insurance companies, financial services companies, entertainment companies, and any organization that needs to assemble documentation—such as policies and procedures manuals, board of directors books, personalized marketing materials, standard operating procedures, etc.—on demand.
If your organization doesn’t need automated customized content added to existing PDFs, consider AppendPDF instead.
AppendPDF Pro Publishing Features
- Provides automated Table of Contents generation, complete with bookmarks and hyperlinks
- Adds personalized cover pages
- Applies customized barcodes, page numbers, watermarks, logos, headers and footers
- Full output customization via plain text or XML parameter files
- A DTD is provided for validation of XML parameter files
- Assembles PDF files with enterprise-class reliability and speed
- Combines complete files or selected page ranges
- Includes bookmarks from the original files
- Sets file open, display and initial page options
- Includes new document information, including title, subject, keywords, date or other metadata, in PDF Document Information fields.
- Applies Adobe Acrobat standard 40-bit or 128-bit file encryption with a user-specific password to control who may view, print, or modify the document
- Linearizes PDF files for Fast Web View
- Optimize to reduce file size
- Supports PDF documents which also contain embedded files
Stamping & Watermarking
- Apply copyright notices, disclaimers or other text in your choice of font, point size and color
- Place multi-line stamps, specify lines, line-breaks, precise location and rotate text stamps to any angle
- Stamp JPEG, TIFF or PDF files; resize, scale and position them precisely
- Specify transparency level for stamped text or images
- Automatic placement based on page size
- Automatic placement based on page diagonals; for example, top-left to bottom-right
- Stamp invisible text on documents (invisible text can be indexed by search engines)
- Automatic placement of start, stop and check characters in Code 128 barcodes (Code 128 character set B is included).
AppendPDF Pro PDF Portfolios
AppendPDF Pro now allows you to create PDF Portfolios. Instead of reassembling the PDF document by appending pages together; a PDF Portfolio inserts the documents without altering the content of the original component files. This allows any file type, even files which are encrypted or digitally signed, to be added to the PDF Portfolio without first converting to PDF or changing the encryption on the documents or breaking the digital signatures.
Digitally Signed Files
Files containing digital signatures can be inserted into a PDF Portfolio without breaking or altering the digital signature in any way.
Files can be encrypted using different combinations of owner passwords, user passwords and permissions.
A PDF Portfolio supports non-PDF file types for example; Microsoft Office documents including Word, Excel and Powerpoint, TIFF image files, Photoshop files, Video files, XML Based XFA files, etc.
PDF Portfolios are also called Portable Collections or Document Collections and are part of the International Standards Organization standard for PDF; ISO-32000.
Easy Integration with AppendPDF Pro
- No limit on concurrent users or connections
- No limit on the number of documents processed
- No limit on threads – run as many instances as you want
- Supports PDF 1.0 and higher
- Call from any programming or scripting language including (but not limited to) Perl, PHP, Java, C++, ASP & .Net, Visual Basic, Cold Fusion and Lotus Notes
- May be integrated with other Appligent server products as part of a complete PDF workflow or DOCCM solution.
Supported Operating Systems
XP (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 through Windows Server 2012 (32 or 64 bit)
Linux (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.)
Kernel 2.4, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6 64 bit
5.2 & above on Power
Oracle (Sun) Solaris
10 and above on SPARC
11i v2 & above on Itanium & PA-RISC
Apple Mac OS X
10.5 & above on Intel x86
Minimum free memory available to run the application : 512 MBytes
Dynamically generate parameter files from Perl, Java, PHP, VBScript, or any shell script. AppendPDF can also be scripted for multistage processing or deployed with our other products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution.
See the User Guide for complete documentation.
|Feature||AppendPDF Pro||AppendPDF||AppendPDF DE|
|Combine PDF files||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Automate document production||Yes||Yes||No|
|Dynamically create customized Documents for Web delivery||Yes||Yes||No|
|Dynamically create customized cover pages||Yes||No||No|
|Create a customized TOC||Yes||No||Yes|
|Specify template PDF for the TOC||Yes||No||Yes|
|Specify exact position of TOC entries on the page||Yes||No||Yes|
|Specify header height to where the TOC begins||Yes||No||Yes|
|Specify the footer height from the bottom of the TOC||Yes||No||Yes|
|Specify the left and right margins for the TOC||Yes||No||Yes|
|Specify the width of the column for TOC page numbers||Yes||No||Yes|
|Specify a leader character for the TOC entries||Yes||No||Yes|
|Choose font, size and color for TOC entries||Yes||No||Yes|
|Choose line spacing for TOC entries||Yes||No||Yes|
|Choose space between TOC entries||Yes||No||Yes|
|Stamp TOC page numbers||Yes||No||Yes|
|Stamp page numbers on the output PDF||Yes||No||Yes|
|Stamp bates numbers on the output PDF||Yes||No||Yes|
|Stamp text anywhere on the output PDF||Yes||No||Yes|
|Support for Unicode stamps||Yes||No||Yes|
|Stamp images anywhere in the output PDF||Yes||No||Yes|
|Merge by page range||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Merge selected pages||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Encrypt the output PDF||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Save output PDF for “Fast Web View”||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Specify Document Information, Custom Fields and Keywords||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Specify how output PDF opens and what the User sees||Yes||Yes||Yes|
ELDEC designs and manufactures electronic and electromechanical components for aerospace and defense applications. Its products are used on commercial and military aircraft in the U.S. and Europe, and its customers and suppliers all need to be aware of the latest specifications and maintenance bulletins. The company developed an advanced product data management (PDM) system to […]AppendPDF, Assemble PDF, Automation, Case Study, Stamp, Validation
Appligent Document Solutions www.appligent.com, the leading 3rd party PDF enterprise software company, today announced the immediate availability of the latest generation enterprise-class PDF electronic document manipulation server software for HP-UX Itanium. Newly re-powered with the Adobe PDF Library, StampPDF Batch, AppendPDF Pro, AppendPDF, FDFMerge, FDFMerge Lite, APCrypt and SecurSign server applications all now offer the […]Adobe PDF Library, PDF Software
Appligent, Inc., the leading 3rd party PDF enterprise software company, today announced the immediate availability of version 5.0 of its enterprise-class AppendPDF Pro and AppendPDF server software for Windows, Linux and AIX. The second and third Appligent Document Solutions products to be re-powered with the Adobe PDF Library, the new AppendPDF and AppendPDF Pro applications […]AppendPDF, Assemble PDF, Command-line Application, Stamp