Learning if an individual PDF is encrypted or not is an easy matter of opening it in Adobe Acrobat®. But what if you need to determine whether many files are encrypted? Which ones are corrupted? What embedded fonts do they use? Which have comments?
APGetInfo provides the streamlined solution to answer all those questions and deliver the data in one report.
Execute APGetInfo from the desktop or on a server to extract what you want from a single file, a large volume of documents, or on-demand, just by using a multifunction command-line utility. With APGetInfo, you are in control of the reports it generates.
Data Extracted from PDFs using APGetInfo
- Document information, including name, path, author, title, creation date, file size, number of pages and more
- The name and type of fonts used, and whether they are embedded in the PDF.
- The coordinates of full page and printable page area within the margins, as well as the degree of page rotation
- A list of bookmarks including page numbers, and named destinations. Format the list to show or hide bookmark levels using numbers and indention, or display the full document path of each bookmark
- Retrieve information about annotations, such as notes and highlights as well as the popups, links, colors and coordinates associated with annotations
- A list of form-fields, including the name, type, value, and alternative name (tool tip text) of each form field
- Reports presence of active form-fields (New in version 4.0!)
- Export complete form field information as XML
- Export xmp data from PDF documents
- Custom document information
- Total pages, bookmarks and annotations by type
- Encryption options provided (New in version 4.0!)
- Page Mode information (New in version 4.0!)
- ISO 32000 extension level (New in version 4.0!)
Integration Features of APGetInfo
- No limit on concurrent users or connections
- No limit on the number of documents processed
- No limit on threads – run as many instances as you want
- Provide a user password to open password-protected PDFs (New in version 4.0!)
- Supports PDF 1.0 and above
- Call from any programming or scripting language including (but not limited to) Perl, PHP, Java, C++, ASP & .Net, Visual Basic, Cold Fusion and Lotus Notes
- May be integrated with other Appligent server products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution
XP (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 through Windows Server 2012 (32 or 64 bit)
Linux (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.)
Kernel 2.4, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6 64 bit
5.2 & above on Power
Oracle (Sun) Solaris
10 and above on SPARC
11i v2 & above on Itanium & PA-RISC
Apple Mac OS X
10.5 & above on Intel x86
The simplest way to run APGetInfo is from the command line. Option flags are available to tailor the output. The output can be piped.
APGetInfo can be scripted for multistage processing and used with Appligent’s other products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution.
See the User Guide for complete documentation.