Control how people use the content in your PDF files with APCrypt.
Set passwords to ensure that only you or the people you authorize can see or edit the contents. Choose different tiers of encryption to control what people may do (or not do) other than read the document: for example, you can prohibit or permit printing as well as extracting or copying content or any combination thereof. It’s your choice.
Need to deliver encrypted PDF files along with non-PDF file attachments? APCrypt can generate secure PDF “envelopes” to make delivery easy. Also, the server-based software can batch process files on a server or deliver encrypted PDFs on demand from online requests.
APCrypt Security Features
- Apply 256-bit AES encryption to PDF documents; the latest and most secure Adobe Acrobat standard encryption mechanism
- Secure Envelopes; apply 256-bit AES security to PDF and non-PDF file attachments while leaving the PDF itself unencrypted
- 40-bit or 128-bit RC4 Encryption to support older versions of Adobe Acrobat® or Reader®
- User password to control who may view, print, or modify a document, and an owner password to control who may change security settings
- Owner password, dynamically remove encryption settings from your documents, enabling users to change previously encrypted files or apply new encryption settings
- Set Document Permissions to control viewing, printing, copying, assembly and accessibility.
File Handling Options
- Optionally, retain current file modification date
- Utilize PDF as a secure delivery envelope for attached files
- Linearize output PDFs for faster access and viewing when downloaded from the Web or a network (Fast Web View)
- Optimize to reduce output file size
- Consistent with Title 1 of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998, Appligent software will only permit the modification of encrypted documents when the owner password is supplied
Easy Integration with APCrypt
- No limit on concurrent users or connections
- No limit on the number of documents processed
- No limit on threads — run as many instances as you want
- Call from any programming or scripting language including (but not limited to) Perl, PHP, Java, C++, ASP & .Net, Visual Basic, Cold Fusion, and Lotus Notes
- May be integrated with other Appligent server products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution
- Supports PDF 1.0 and higher
Supported Operating Systems
XP (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 through Windows Server 2012 (32 or 64 bit)
Linux (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.)
Kernel 2.4, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6 64 bit
5.2 & above on Power
Oracle (Sun) Solaris
10 and above on SPARC
11i v2 & above on Itanium & PA-RISC
Apple Mac OS X
10.5 & above on Intel x86
See the User Guide for complete documentation.
Use APCrypt to encrypt documents on the fly before they are delivered over a network. In an electronic document workflow, APCrypt can be scripted for multistage processing and used with our other products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution.