Some applications will create PDFs that are rotated. You can remove the rotation by creating a new PDF with the Distiller. Take the following steps:
- Open your file in Acrobat
- Choose File > Save As from the Acrobat menu
- Give the file a new name (do not overwrite the original file)
- Under Save As Type, choose PostScript File (*.ps)
- Open Acrobat Distiller
- Go to Settings > Edit Adobe PDF Settings > set Default Page size to PDF page size and Auto-rotate Pages to off.
- Browse for this file or go to the directory where the file exists and double click on the file – this will open and run the Distiller
- A new PDF file will be created with the new name you gave the PostScript file.
Distiller is provided with a purchase of Acrobat Standard or Professional. Appligent’s pdfHarmony application also allows you to remove rotation in a file.