There are times when PDF files will not process correctly with our software. This is generally due to “malformed” PDF files that have been created by software other than Adobe’s Distiller. We suggest that you run problem files through Distiller as a way to “clean” them up. Listed below are instructions for running your file through Distiller.
- Open your file in Acrobat
- Choose File > Save As from the Acrobat menu
- Give the file a new name (do not overwrite the original file)
- Under Save As Type, choose PostScript File (*.ps)
- Open the Acrobat Distiller and browse for this file or go to the directory where the file exists and double click on the file – this will open and run the Distiller
- A new PDF file will be created with the new name you gave the PostScript file.
Distiller is provided with a purchase of Acrobat Standard or Professional. Appligent’s pdfHarmony application has an option to rewrite pages in a pdf document that may clean up any issues.