Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I copy text from a PDF file and paste it into another file (such as a Word document) or email?
- Do I need to upload my PDF files to my server in binary or ascii format?
- How can I run my files through Distiller in batch mode?
- Is there an application available to set a PDF file to expire so a user can only view/open the PDF file within a certain timeframe?
- Troubleshooting PDF Documents
- What are the Base 14 Fonts?
- What is the best way to create PDF from a Microsoft Office document?
- What is the best way to create PDFs?
- What is the difference between AcroForms and XFA?
- What will happen if I use an input PDF that asks upon closing if I’d like to save changes when no changes have been made?
- What will happen if I use an input PDF that displays the message “There was an Error processing a page” prior to use?
- How can I find out if there is an update for my version of Acrobat?
- How can I print my PDF so the comments and annotations also print?
- How can I turn off rotation in PDFs in a batch mode?
- How do I distill a PDF file to create a new PDF?
- I have added a footer/header in Acrobat but when I print the file, they disappear. How can I make them print?
- I would like to keep users from saving a PDF file to their machine. Can I disable the Save As function in Acrobat?
- My PDF document is rotated. How do I fix that?
- Troubleshooting PDF Documents
Adobe, Acrobat and the Adobe PDF logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
- Are UNC format names supported?
- Do you have an application that can report the bookmarks in a PDF?
- Do you have script examples for your applications?
- Do you support XML?
- Do your products support 2 byte fonts, such as Japanese fonts?
- I am having problems with my script and software…
- I need to set the title and author in a collection of PDF files and do not want to do this manually in Acrobat.
- What happened to SVG2PDF?
- What PDF versions do Appligent products support?
- When using type 1 fonts, do both .pfm extension and .pfb extension font files have to be located in the same directory?
- Why can’t I find APUtilities on your list of available products?
- Will Appligent software work with the changes in Daylight Savings Time?
- Will your products work with version 1.1 PDFs?
- Are serial and registration numbers the same thing? - Yes. Most of our documentation, etc. lists the numbers as registration numbers, however, if you have a message or file that refers to serial numbers, you can consider it to be the same number as the registration number.
- Can I fax a Purchase Order? - Yes. You may fax your Purchase order to our Sales Department at 610-284-4233. Purchase Orders may also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you offer educational discounts? - Yes. Please contact our Sales Department for more information.
- Do you offer evaluation copies of your products? - Yes. We offer 30-day evaluation versions of all of our server-based and desktop software. Each product has a “Try & Buy” tab on its main page. On that tab, there is a “Try” button. Would you like the support team to address a specific point related to this topic? Email the support team and ask […]
- I have multiple servers, do I need to buy more than one copy of your product? - Yes. Our product licenses are for one computer. We do offer multiple server license discounts and site licensing for our products. Please contact our Sales Department for more information.
- What are the current shipping versions of your products? - See the Current Product Versions page for this information.
- What kind of guarantee do you offer on your products? - We offer a 30 day money back return policy on all of our products. If they do not perform as you had expected, you may return it for a full refund within 30 days of the purchase date.
Redax & Other Apps
Frequently Asked Questions for Redax and StampPDF Plug-in are located on the Redax documentation site at redax.appligent.com. Following are the direct links:
Frequently Asked Questions for Appligent Desktop and Server products are located on the Appligent documentation site at docs.appligent.com. Following are the direct links: